Skip to main content

The Latest

• “The crown of white supremacy”
    “The crown of white supremacy”
    Just a few decades ago Madiba declared that “color discrimination” had no place in democracy. It is my belief that capitalist extremist supremacy has no place in a democratic society either.Capitalist extremism is every bit as...
  • The Worst Movies of 2008
    The Worst Movies of 2008
    I usually don’t do lists on the worst movies of the year because I am usually pretty good about avoiding the crap Hollywood unleashes on us (especially in January). Now if I were a paid movie critic, I am sure that this list would be...
  • Gas Prices Over $4 Again
    Economic Danger...Gas Prices Over $4 Again!
    Prices of Crude Oil & Gasoline prices at the pump nationally on moving ever higher.There is a documented risk factor created that matches up to major declines in stock markets.This is most recently seen when in 2008 the price of Crude Oil...
  • The Beast Stalker
    Review: 'The Beast Stalker'
    “The Beast Stalker”, directed by Dante Lam (“Sniper”), is a cop thriller following a series of characters tied up in an incident that resulted in the accidental death of a little girl. Pained by guilt and seeking redemption...
  • Shia LaBeouf NSA warning in 2008 was right
    Shia LaBeouf NSA warning in 2008 was right
    Shia LaBeouf NSA warning in 2008 turned out to be very prescient. LaBeouf did his best to warn us all during and interview with Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show." According to the United Press International on June 11, 2013, a video of the...
  • Jodi Arias verdict: To be read today
    Jodi Arias verdict: To be read today
    It was reported on May 8, 2013, that the jury reached a Jodi Arias verdict. According to USA Today the verdict will be read today."The verdict will be read in a Phoenix courtroom at 4:30 p.m. ET."The 12 members of the jury began...
  • Obama
    Up in smoke: Will President Obama finally deliver on cannabis campaign promises?
    The title itself is a high, high, high, high blue dream.However, I still have a teeny, teeny, teeny, tiny bit of faith in our president.I grew up with a belief and understanding that we should back our president regardless of how we personally...
  • Voters
    New Jersey youths rocking the vote in the Garden State
    In 2008, there were more young people voting then all years since 1972 when 18 year old individuals were first allowed to vote. With President Barack Obama fighting for reelection and the GOP trying to pull some of the those votes away, there are...
  • Near record gas prices foreshadow new economic crash
    Near record gas prices foreshadow new economic crash
    In Sept. of 2008, gas prices reached a median record high of $3.84 per gallon, peaking just before the economic crash and credit crisis in the economy and banking system. Two years later, as the recession hit full steam in the U.S., and oil prices...
  • Gary Sheffield
    Comparing the Detroit Tigers 2008 season to 2012
    It has been just over four years since the Detroit Tigers started the 2008 season as the proverbial favorites to not only win their division, but to compete for a World Series title. Much the same way the 2012 season started with many baseball...
  • Repeat of 2008 as President Obama calls on Buffett for economic help
    Repeat of 2008 as President Obama calls on Buffett for economic help
    During the credit crisis of 2008, Wall Street and the Bush administration called upon billionaire investor Warren Buffett to help the banks and the government stem potential insolvency in the financial system. Buffett went on to invest in Goldman...
  • Cmehil surprises Sheridan defense
    Ritter's Cmehil ready for an encore
    At 5 feet, 9 inches tall, and 170 pounds, Cardinal Ritter's Eddie Cmehil isn't the most imposing player on the football field, but once the game starts, his presence is felt immediately. Whether it's delivering or taking a big hit, or...
  • John Edwards pleads not guilty to finance charges
    John Edwards: pleads not guilty to finance charges (photos, video)
    John Edwards: pleads not guilty to finance charges (photos, video)San Francisco residents are learning this afternoon that in the top news story about John Edwards being indicted for allegedly using campaign funds to hide his mistress, Rielle...
  • Images From BBQ Today
    Today in Cleveland baseball history
    On May 27, 2008, the Indians had a historical game with a triple steal. The steal happened while the Tribe was playing the Chicago White Sox. This game not only made history, but broke the team's 5 game losing streak that was going on at the...
  • Federal Government expected to make $12 Billion from final sale of Citi shares
    Federal Government expected to make $12 Billion from final sale of Citi shares
    The Federal government is divesting its ownership in Citi bank, and the final sale of shares is expected to make the taxpayers $12 Billion from the bailout purchase done in 2008.In an article from the Associated Press early this morning, the...