Skip to main content

The Latest

• Red, White + Blue Dress
    Red, White + Blue Bandanna Dress | The Mad Men Mid-Season Finale: 'Waterloo'
    THE LOOK ~ This dress looks like a giant bandanna: red, white + blue. All-American. The look I went for here is: 'Made in the U.S.A.' This is sportswear. My hairstyle remains a nod to a Brit (Jean Shrimpton), but the cut of this dress is...
  • 'Love And Honor' Movie Review: Make love not war
    'Love And Honor' Movie Review: Make love not war
    Our story opens in the summer of 1969. The Apollo 11 lifts of from Earthand lands on the moon. Protests and peace marches are taking place allover America against whatever you can think of, but mostly against the Vietnam War. Squads of...
  • Indie Music Mondays: August 19th, 2013 - Happy Anniversary, Woodstock Playlist
    Indie Music Mondays: August 19th, 2013 - Happy Anniversary, Woodstock Playlist
    Woodstock was a monumental event in music history. I wish I could've been there to experience the festivities myself. But alas, since time travel is not yet a possibility, I guess I'll have to find a different way to spread my love. In...
  • Yes
    Review of "Yes" by Yes
    Hypothetical scenario time. Let’s say you’ve heard of this band Yes. You know of "Roundabout," maybe "I’ve Seen All Good People," and you’ve most certainly heard "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" ...
  • Chicago Transit Authority
    Album Review: Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority (1969)
    This review begins the way every other review of Chicago does:Believe it or not, there was a time when Chicago rocked…There.Cliché as the standard opening statement may be, there’s also a great deal of truth to it. People always seem...
  • Communion on the moon
    Neil Armstrong was served 'Holy Communion' on the moon
    Not many people know that astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had 'Holy Communion' on the moon 250,000 miles above the earth. This fact was not revealed to the public until many years later.Communion on the MoonAldrin, an elder in...
  • From Genesis To Revelation
    Album Review: Genesis - From Genesis To Revelation (1969)
    It’s difficult to find people willing to treat this record kindly. Critics hated and still hate it, it went completely unnoticed in the public eye, and even the band itself prefers to pretend it doesn’t exist. Everyone just gives it...
  • Led Zeppelin I
    Album Review: Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin I (1969)
    Truth be told, this album takes very long time to get into. Truth be told, Led Zeppelin takes a very long time to get into. First listen gives the impression of: “mmkay, there are a handful of cool rockers and ballads with a tough enough...
  • Some performers from the original Woodstock are still carrying on
    Some performers from the original Woodstock are still carrying on
    When you think back on Woodstock, you remember some of the big names that have since passed away. Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin left us not long after the festival. Grateful Dead frontman Jerry Garcia and Paul Butterfield from the Butterfield...
  • 1967 Cadillac Eldorado front view
    A look back at the 1967-70 Cadillac Eldorado - a classic ahead of its time
    The Cadillac Eldorado that debuted for the 1967 model year was a car way ahead of its time, and unlike any that wore the Eldorado nameplate before it. While the phrase “ahead of its time” may connote something being misunderstood or...
  • "Instant Replay"
    Monkees news: Album gets expanded replay in reissue; Dolenz helps charity
    Following up on their multi-disc reissues of "The Birds, the Bees and the Monkees" and "Head," Rhino Records announced Wednesday that they'll be releasing a three-disc version of "Instant Replay" through their...
  • Woodstock
    A Milestone in Music: Woodstock 42 Years Ago This Week
    On a vast 600-acre farm in Bethel, New York in 1969, over 400,000 youth gathered together for three days to take part in the Woodstock Music and Art Fair.* Between August 15th and 18thof that landmark year, thirty-one performing acts took to the...
  • Apollo 11 Command Module ‘Columbia’ 1969
    Apollo 11 Command Module ‘Columbia’ 1969
    On July 20, 1969, the human race accomplished its single greatest technological achievement of all time when a human first set foot on another celestial body. The purpose of the Apollo 11 Missionwas to land men on the lunar surface and to return...
  • Ted Williams Comes To Washington
    Ted Williams Comes To Washington
    In 1969, the Washington Senators named former Boston Red Sox great Ted Williams as their manager. Williams retired as an active player after the 1961 season ending a career in which he batted .344, hit 521 home runs, drove in 1,839 runs and was...
  • Jimi Hendrix
    Jimi Hendrix rings in a new decade with 'Auld Lang Syne' (live, rare)
    Here's a great live version of Jimi Hendrix performing "Auld Lang Syne" with the Band of Gypsies at the Fillmore East on New Year's Eve 1969, going into 1970.The tape begins with an announcer thanking the audience and the venue...