Loving Hut is an international vegan chain with over 120 branches worldwide. Within the U.S. one can dine on Asian fast food in fifteen states, including Arizona, California, Florida, Virginia and Oregon.
What's to love about the downtown Portland location?
- 100% vegan with plenty of gluten-free options.
- Clean and intimate.
- Classical music in the background.
- Hands down, the friendliest customer service.
- Free cup of soup with entree.
- Amazing house-made spicy sauce for a flavorful kick.
- Tasty, refreshing beverages. My favorite, the Happy Go Lucky, made with lemon juice, lime zest, lime and rose petal.
- Large portions at reasonable prices. The Guru Fried Rice was enough for two satisfying meals.
What's not to love?
- The large flat screen TV.
- Heavy on the faux-meat.
- Heavy on the fried.
Loving Hut is the perfect place to dine if members in your party aren't keen on a plant based diet. The menu offers items accessible to the pickiest of meat eaters. However, just because a restaurant is 100% vegan doesn't make it healthy. Fast food is fast food, with or without the meat. Great place to hit if you're nearby and require a vegan meal. But should only be consumed in moderation.
Loving Hut Portland
1239 SW Jefferson Street
Portland, OR 97205