If you find yourself in need of a power boost for your iPhone 5/5S, then TYLT may have just what you're looking for. Their new Energi Power Case for the iPhone 5/5S ($99.99 direct) integrates a handy protective case that slides into a battery pack that provides one full charge on-the-go.
The Energi Power Case is a nice, slim fitting case that provides protection for your iPhone in the case of accidental dropping. The case even comes up above the lip of the iPhone which provides extra screen protection in case it drops flat on a hard surface.
Two cases come in each Energi pack, a black on and your choice of blue, red or green. The battery pack only comes in black at this point in time.
What I like so far about the Energi Sliding Power Case:
- So far the battery pack has proven to provide a full solid charge to a drained iPhone. Enabling the charge is a simple press of the button on the back of the Sliding Power Case.
- The product feels nice in the hand, made from solid materials that make it feel durable and well-made.
- Both the case and slider provides full access to the iPhone camera and all the buttons.
- In addition to the cases it comes with a charging cable and headphone extender in case some headphone jacks are too big.
- The case is made up of two components, one that is a regular inner case for the iPhone, and then another which is the charger pack, which is made for the iPhone + inner case to slide into. As easy as it is to slide the iPhone into the case, it is extremely difficult to get the iPhone out. There is nothing to grip onto to get the phone out, you just have to keep on pulling it out with the tips of your fingers. Because of this I give it 4 out of 5 stars.
- The charging is not very intuitive without instruction. There is a button on the back of the case that tells you based on color what charge the case itself has. Green = fully charged, red = 20% or less.
- While the protective case is well constructed it may not give full protection for the top and bottom of the phone. I actually found that I got a few scuffs when using this case. So I advise adding the TYLT screen protector to avoid screen damage with typical daily use.
Overall the TYLT Energi Sliding Power Case is a great option for people who are in regular need of a power boost throughout their day. It's also a great solution for people who travel and who don't have access to a power source while traveling to their destination. The weight of the total package will only add 3.35 ounces. The TYLT Energi Sliding Power Case is definitely worth consideration for the power iPhone user.
Conclusion: The TYLT Energi Sliding Power Case is a great solution for a power iPhone user. It provides one full back up charge on-the-go. I highly recommend watching both the "How to use" and especially the "How to Remove" videos to get started.