Nokia along with its smart collaboration with Windows Mobile to fuel the functionality of its Lumia smart phone series, has recently added another member to it smartphone family. Nokia Lumia 920, which was released on Nov 2, 2012, is powered with Windows 8 mobile and has a variety of great new features.
In comparison with other mobile operating systems like Android and iOS, Windows Phone has emerged as a successful choice of smart phone OS for a very niche audience. Though it does not contain the capability of deep or absolute customization, it surely provides a competitive edge over others with great new and innovative features wireless charging and low-light photography. In comparison between the cameras of the best new phones, the 920 came out victorious and has been regarded as the best smartphone camera.
Loaded with some of the best features of Windows Phone 8, Nokia has blended its hardware excellence with the software of Microsoft to produce a fully-fledged consumer oriented smart phone.
Let's look into some of the best features of Nokia Lumia 920:
- Advanced Chipset: Nokia Lumia 920 runs on Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 chipset, which is based on new dual-core Krait CPUs and Adreno 225 graphic processing unit. Lumia 920 has 1 GB of RAM which assists the CPU of chipset to perform efficiently at at high clock speed of 1.5 GHz. The difference in the performance is very low at the UI-level of different Windows Phone but at application level, the difference between their performances is really high.
- Best camera quality: As it's already discussed and observed in the post linked above that Lumia 920 has the best camera feature in comparison with any other smart phone. Reason of such high quality of photograph is highest aperture of f/2.0 of its special "Carl Zeiss" lens. High aperture means large funnel for light beams to hit to the sensor of camera and result of which is, a highest quality photograph even in low light conditions.
- Dual band Wi-Fi: Lumia 920 has included a dual band Wi-Fi support in its new phone in Lumia series. Dual band Wi-Fi allows a user to connect to a faster 5GHz band or channel of its router, if configured, to speed up his file sharing and internet streaming.
- PureMotion HD+: A proprietary display technology of Nokia enables its user to operate the touch panel of the phone, even while wearing a non-capacitive material like glove. The "non-disclosed" screen refresh rate induces blur-free scrolling in the device which is further supported by the 2.5X faster pixel transition speed, as compared to other phones.
- Wireless Charging: The most sensational features introduced ever, Wireless Charging is something completely new to the market as no other manufacturer had brought the feature in their device. The fact that you can charge your phone by simply placing it on the charging deck is going to attract a lot of customers.
While many are praising and applauding the new features of Nokia Lumia 920, its critics have mentioned that the phone is unnecessarily bulky and heavy, over-heats and discharges rapidly.