The Barn Players presented their 2013 6 X 10 Original Ten Minute Play Festival, through Sunday December 15. Playwrights from within 200 miles of Mission, Kan. submitted plays for production. Writers attending the three workshops during the summer months heard their works read aloud. Judges selected the six plays from about 40 works submitted for consideration.
- The Wishing Well: Written by Elissa Schrader and directed by Sara Crow is the tale of two strangers Ross, played by Korey Childs, and Bill, played by Matthew McGaugh, who meet at a wishing well. Both actors do a good job with a somewhat humorous script that has a serious element to it.
- Good Timing for Bad Karma: Written by Mary L. Wilkens and directed by Ray Zarr stars Jasmine Abou-Kassem as Beth, Lindsay Roland as Jewel, and Danielle Gibbs as Simone. The two women visit a psychic to determine if buying a car is a good decision. The play has several well-placed laughs, with a surprising ending.
- The Chargemaster: Written by Sofiana Olivera-Abalan and directed by Shari Wassergord-Johnson stars Rozanne Devine as Jill, Zachary Weaver as the Chargemaster, Brandon Burnworth as the Claims Adjuster, Laurie Crawford as Megan, Claudia Copping as the Nurse, Jeff Smith as the Doctor, and Ray Zarr as Jim. With all the recent talk of Obama Care, this is a cleverly written and performed piece about exorbitant costs at the hospital.
- The Birthday: Written by Teresa Leggard and directed by Alex Bigus stars Elaina Cochran as Patricia and Cara Hampton as Nina. The 10-minute production is humorous and Hampton does a superb job in her role as the future daughter.
- Derek Jeter and the Blonde in the Tight Black Shirt with the Shiny Things on It: Written by Mark Bonavia and directed by Jason Hagg stars Jeff Smith as Mario and Zak Roland as Bobby. This humorous production takes place in a bar and is about a man who has an attraction to an unseen female and the turmoil it causes with his friend.
- Finding Amelia: Written by Amanda Petefish-Schrag and directed by Alexa Cioffi stars Lindsay Roland as Jackie, Elaina Cochran as Mona, Em Loper as Nancy, Meghann Bates as Kate, and Vicki Kerns as the Old Woman. This funny play is about a group of women who want to start a National Search for Amelia Earhart Day, and believe that she crashed in Kansas, instead of the ocean.