My family experienced the new 2014 Kia Sorento last month while on vacation in Arizona. Honestly I didn't know if it would fit my whole family, our luggage, and a stroller, but when I saw the picture of this Remington Red hot rod of a family car, I had to give it a try. So glad I did. For someone who normally drives a minivan, the 2014 Crossover SUV Kia Sorento was a dream come true. It was cool and hip and yet it fit the whole family plus grandma! Nice!
10 BEST FEATURES IN THE KIA SORENTO
- Seats 7! The third row seating can be folded down for more storage room in the trunk. Also, one of the third row seats can be folded down for maximum storage and seating capabilities!
- Impessive leg room. Even in the second row, the leg room was quite substantial.
- Push button start. It just makes you feel like a cool race car driver.
- Tech savvy. The Kia Sorento I tested has updated navigation, satellite radio, extra outlets and even a dedicated iPad charger. The UVO eServices infotainment system is an awesome way to manage music, make hands-free calls, and even use Google Maps.
- Upgraded safety features. The blind spot detection alert and rear view cameras were very helpful. I missed them when I had to return to my old van.
- LOVE the panoramic roof. The sunroof made me feel like I was driving in a convertible, but yet a very safe, big, kid-friendly convertible. And it didn't mess my hair up.
- Fuel efficient. Since everyone is trying to save money, it is nice when your car helps you out. The Kia Sorento gets 20 mpg in the city and 26 highway.
- Inexpensive...but not cheap. The starting price for the 2014 Kia Sorento is under $25,000 (more with all the extras I talk about) which is significantly less than most minivans. While the price is lower, that doesn't mean it is lower quality. The Sorento I drove looked, smelled, and drove like a million bucks.
- Made in Georgia. The Kia Sorento is made right here in West Point, Georgia. I like the idea of my car being made nearby!
- Smooth ride. Not only is this a car that looks good, it drives well too. The bumpy roads in Arizona were no match for this crossover SUV. I noticed the kids weren't losing their chicken nuggets as much as they did in our minivan.
Overall, the Kia Sorento is a family car for anyone who doesn't want to drive a family car. It would be particularly good for families with several older kids who can climb in the back and buckle themselves in. This car can seamlessly go from carpool to date night (and back again)! I highly recommend checking out the 014 crossover SUV Kia Sorento, especially if you are in the market for an updated family car.