Banana bread is one of those delicious treats that can be enjoyed anytime of the day. Whether it be a quick breakfast, an afternoon snack, the precursor to dinner, or even dessert, banana bread is a staple in the recipe books of families near and far. I have found that the best recipe for banana bread comes from www.foodnetwork.com This recipe couldn't be simpler to make and contains ingredients that almost everyone has sitting around their house.
The recipe is as follows:
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix in the milk and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add bananas to the egg and butter mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour to one hour and ten minutes.
- Allow to cool for fifteen minutes then remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
This is an absolutely fantastic recipe. The bread is moist and tender. The banana flavor is not overpowered by the flavor of the cinnamon as is the case with most banana bread recipes. Tip: if you want to spice this recipe up a bit, feel free to add a cup of either walnuts or pecans. It makes a wonderful flavor combination. Tip: if you wish to serve this as a dessert, you can top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel. Or simple spread cream cheese icing on the bread.
Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this recipe at the following locations:
Whole Foods Market
1330 Smith Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
1020 41st Street
Baltimore, MD 21211