The word going around right now is that in the near future everyone will have a smartwatch. They will be the next big thing helping us stay up to date on appointments, keeping connected with friends and family and so on. I was recently given the chance to play with Sony's version of the smartwatch. Their Smartwatch 2 which is there second edition to the smartwatch family & is said to have all the bells and whistles you could want and your device.
As a parent I know life gets busy & I am game to try anything that will make my life easier and more organized. So in keeping with that tradition in lieu of a lengthy review article here are some basic pro's and con's to help you decided if the Sony Smartwatch 2 is the smartwatch for you.
- Multiple day battery life with easy Micro USB Charging
- If you can work a smartphone, you will have no problem with the use of the smartwatch
- Works with Android phones
- Changeable bands
- Accepts calls if connected to bluetooth
- Water Resistance
- Time Visible when screen sleeps
- No speaker mic
- Does not include a pedometer
- Freezes or Lags from time to time
- Setup is lengthy
- Only able to reply to text messages with pre-designed messages
- Only comes with one band & you can only order online for other bands
Overall the Sony Smartwatch 2 is a quality watch even with it shortcomings. Though, I have to admit that I would rather wait for those shortcomings to be improved upon before I lay down my hard earned money. My advice is to wait for a few more months and give a few other companies a chance to improve the smartwatch.