Alpen Optics currently have over 100 products in their lineup, but continue to bring new and innovative products at prices that are affordable. Just yesterday for a short period of time this reviewer got a his hands on a pair of Teton™ binoculars which are one of the newest products, so new in fact they will not be available until April.
The Teton™ series of binoculars will be available in 10x42, 10x50, and 15x50 magnifications, with fully multi-coated optics in a roof prism design, yielding exit pupil sizes of 4.2, 5.0 and 3.3 respectively, at 22 ounces, 28, and 28 ounces respectively.
These waterproof binoculars come with a no-fault warranty unlike any other in the industry.
The Teton™ binocular series is between the top line Rainier™ and the popular highly affordable Apex™ binocular series.
Alpen® Teton™ Features:
- BAK4 prisms with Alpen’s exclusive SHR™ metallic coating for bright, sharp, high resolution images
- Each air to glass surface is fully multi-coated for maximum brightness
- PXA™ phase coating for outstanding clarity and contrast
- Long eye relief provides full viewing performance for eye glass wearers
- Large eye piece elements for a full field view
- Waterproof, sealed and nitrogen filled for guaranteed internal fog free performance
- Twist lock eye cups
- Light weight ergonomic body design for comfort and field durability
- Soft rubber eye piece rain guard and objective covers protect lenses from the elements
- Premium quality carrying case and quick release neck strap system
- Alpen’s No-Fault, No-Problem Lifetime Warranty
The 10x42 Teton™ binoculars your reviewer had the opportunity to check out, are very bright at the price range, markedly brighter than the Shasta™ 10x42 that this reviewer owns, and has been happy with until this time ;-)
Although the time was limited and the opportunity to do extensive testing with them was not available due to the venue (an in-service training session for Hunter Education Instructors in California). The Teton™ 10x42 binoculars were a hit among the Hunter Education Instructors at this event with several overheard commenting on how bright the binoculars are, particularly at the price point. It is not a stretch of the imagination to say that these binoculars are comparable to many others costing several hundred dollars more.