Quinoa is considered one of the world's healthiest foods. It is one of the few grains that is considered a total protein. In recent years it has soared in popularity. Not only is it a highly nutritious ingredient, it is also quite tasty. It can be used in a variety of recipes. But my personal favorite recipe that utilizes this ingredient is Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili that I located on queenbeecoupons.com
The recipe is as follows:
- 1 cup of rinsed quinoa
- 28 ounces of diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 32 ounces of rinsed black beans
- 15 ounces of drained canned corn
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- shredded cheddar
- sour cream
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cook six to eight hours on low.
- Shred chicken using two forks against the grain.
- Top with cheese and sour cream.
This is one of the best recipes that I have ever found online. It is easy to make and affordable to buy. Not to mention that it is the absolute best chili recipe that I have ever had in my entire life. It is a healthy alternative to ground beef and bean chili but it tastes even better! I highly recommend this recipe to fans of quinoa as well as skeptics who are unsure if they are willing to try it. You will truly enjoy this magnificent recipe and will be able to feed a large crowd easily.
Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this recipe at the following locations:
Whole Foods Market
1330 Smith Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
1020 West 41st Street
Baltimore, MD 21211