One of the most quintessential comfort food recipes is beef stew. But often, it requires a lot of time and patience to create. Not anymore! Thanks to www.motivabeaucoup.com there is a slow cooker beef stew recipe that is not only easy to create but it is comprised of inexpensive ingredients and is incredibly delicious!
The recipe for this dish is as follows:
- 2 pounds of cubed stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 chopped medium onions
- 2 ribs of chopped celery
- 4 chopped carrots
- 20 halved mini potatoes
- 28 ounces of whole tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Brown meat.
- Drain the meat and transfer it to the crock pot.
- In a separate bowl, crush the tomatoes with a potato masher.
- Transfer the tomatoes and juice into the crock pot.
- Make a rue using the pan drippings, beef broth, and flour.
- Transfer into the crock pot.
- Add remaining (except for the bay leaves) ingredients to the pot and stir vigorously.
- Top with bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
This is a fantastic recipe. It is the perfect comfort food and is simple to make. Everything about it is tasty. The slow cooker cooks the meat and vegetables to perfection and the rue gives this stew a perfect consistency. If you wish to have an even thicker stew, simply create a rue using some of the juices and corn starch. Stir the mixture into the dish and it should thicken even further. This stew recipe would pair nicely with a loaf of Italian bread.
Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this recipe at the following locations:
Whole Foods Market
1330 Smith Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
1020 41st Street
Baltimore, MD 21211