It has been approximately one month since this reviewer has started using this product made by SkinMedica. I will start off by saying that I am truly impressed with its efficacy. It also is a luxurious cream to apply to the face, neck, and decollete areas.
Lytera is a non-prescription system for reducing skin discoloration caused from sun damage and melasma. It is ideal for all skin types.
- etrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: A stable form of Vitamin C
- Niacinamide: Promotes even looking skin tone and acts as an anti-inflamatory.
- Retinol: Exfoiliates and evens out the skin without irritation.
- Hexylresorcinol and Tetrapeptide-30: Skin brighteners
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract: Natural extract, rich in glabridin, a highly effective antioxidant with excellent skin brightening qualities.
Lytera is sold alone and in a convenient 4-step system. The system includes a facial cleanser, Lytera, Tri-Retinol ES, and an antioxidant SPF 30. A clinical study was performed against a 7-step regimen containing three prescription products. The results proved similar.
Over the summer, my hyper pigmentation popped out under my eyes. My skin just didn't have that glow and was beginning to look uneven again. I used the Lytera cream alone with just a gentle cleanser and moisturizer and saw results within 2 weeks of use. I regularly get compliments on how bright and great my skin looks for 42 years of age.
Lytera Skin Brightening Complex costs $125.00 for 2 fl oz. The kit costs $250.00. This product is worth it! I highly recommend it to my clients.