Jane Fonda ROCKS!
If you’re a boomer babe who has watched this amazing woman throughout your life, she has always been a role model for many of us. As a sex kitten in Barbarella and Cat Ballou in the sixties, a stylista with her Klute haircut and workout wear into the '80's, this academy award winning feminine icon is an American Feminine Fashionista even in her mid-70’s. After a few rebellious years, she has always been a powerful force in women’s rights, helping to amplify the voices of women in the media through advocacy, media and leadership training, and the creation of original content. Hitting the talk show circuit, from Craig Ferguson, to Dr. Oz, to Oprah, Fonda has been blunt about her life in Prime Time. (Her new book)
On The Aging Revolution:“We’re still living with the old paradigm of age as an arch. That’s the old metaphor: You’re born, you peak at midlife and decline into decrepitude. A more appropriate metaphor for aging is a staircase. The upward ascension of the human spirit, bringing us into wisdom, wholeness and authenticity."From Jane Fonda's TedxWomen 2011 talk, "Life's Third Act"
Have you seen her new ‘look’ lately. She has been the femme fatale of the talk show circuit sporting her new ‘do and makeover. WOW! Boomerbabes all over are saying to their hair stylists, I’ll have what’ she’s having! There are alchemists out there that are making the experience of aging with grace a reality.
After a recent visit to Lea Journo,The Salon, located at the world-class hotel, The Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire, in Beverly Hills, California, we were excited to find out how many of the stars are sprinkled with the magic touch of owner Lea Journo, the beauty alchemist behind most of the A-Listers and stylist Robby LaRiviere. This tony little enclave overlooking the luxe swimming pool and spa, is the source for some of Hollywood’s most sparkling stars. This salon is famous for creating Hollywood’s most noteworthy glitterati from Ellen DeGeneres and her beautiful partner, Portia de Rossi, Jennifer Aniston and even Brad Pitt. The list is long and all of them are delivered the royal treatment, with glamorous, beautiful, healthy-looking hair and beauty. Before any Red Carpet event you may see Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ryan Seacrest, Britney Spears, Natalie Portman and Orlando Bloom to other A listers.
After a brief encounter with LaRiviere at a gifting suite before the 2013 Oscars, this Los Angeles Examiner Fountain of Youth columnist was convinced that she would never have to suffer the frizzees again with one treatment of GK Global Keratin Resistant. After one treatment and an hour of beauty and fashion info, you can walk out of this salon knowing that you are in great hands. You will be hooked on this amazing GK for life! It is one of the few brands with the least in toxic ingredients. If you are hesitant of the Keratin treatments and color your hair, this is the best brand, with the best results. It's a miracle for the curly girls who have suffered long enough with the fear of frizz. The end result with a visit to this salon is silky, shiny hair, glowing skin and makeup that enhances your personal best beauty. The best-NO MORE FRIZZ!
Lea Journo’s “line of coveted beautifiers include an impressive array of hair products with such exotic ingredients as French Plum Oil, Cashmere Proteins, and Marine Extracts. So this is how French women look so fabulous. A visit to the salon, and you will glean years of secrets from Journo and LaRiviere. Beyond all the star-studded glitz and glamour, this salon has the warmest glow and staff around, especially Lea and Robby!
Robby LaRiviere’s 6 Beauty Tips for Being Consistently Flawless and Beautiful
1. Frizzy Hair: Please! If your haven't already, you have to get a smoothing treatment done on your hair! Granted, Keratin and Brazilian Blowout Treatments have gotten a bad rep over the years, but we are now blessed to live in a time where one can have formaldehyde free hair smoothing treatments. I personally like the GK Resistant Smoothing Treatment, which uses a protein called Juvexin to smooth the hair. This will Save both you and your hairstylist time when taking your tendrils from frizzy to fabulous!
2. BlowOuts: These days Blow Dry Bars seem to be popping up on every corner… THANK GOD! If you really want to look and feel your best, TREAT YOURSELF to a weekly blowout that will act as the perfect canvas on which to try new fun looks.
3. Skin: Always, Always ,Always no matter what! Apply moisturizer containing SPF of at least 15 before you do your makeup in the AM. This will not only give your face a healthy, dewey glow, but will most importantly prevent the sun's harmful UV RAYS from premature aging!
4. Fun Hair: Want sexy beachy curls but don't have the time to curl your hair? Try running a little "La Forme" by LEA JOURNO through towel dried hair, twisting the hair into two braids, letting them dry, shaking them out, and revealing sexy beachy curls that will drive everyone wild!
5. Body: "If you can't Tone it, Tan It!" A properly applied airbrush spray tan, will not only make your eyes look bright and teeth look white, but will also make you appear skinnier and more fit as well!
6. Nails: There is nothing that ruins a fabulous look more than a chipped Manicure, am I right?? My remedy for this fashion faux pas would be to choose a neutral, classy nude polish like Essie's "Mademoiselle" or "Sugar Daddy"… This polish will make your nails look clean, hands appear tan, and heaven forbid if they chip, no one will notice. If you’re into non-toxic and green, check out:http://www.care2.com/greenliving/non-toxic-nail-polish.html