The biggest bar night of the year was a success at The Shelter!
One of the nice things about The Shelter (a smaller venue in the basement of Saint Andrew’s Hall) is that no matter where you stand you always feel close.
The Three Of Clubs Tour featuring American Authors, The Royal Concept, and Misterwives came through last Wednesday night. All three bands were incredibly talented and put on high quality performances!
The night was full of energy and the atmosphere was happy. Fans danced, giggled, clapped, cheered, and sang along. I’ve only been to The Shelter a handful of times but I’ve never seen the merch tables so packed there!
So here are six reasons you should see each of them, whether on this tour or sometime a little further into the future.
1. Misterwives’ Mandy Lee can sing. She was filled with confidence while at the same time being incredibly sweet, thanking the crowd several times. There’s no doubt that this band is going places!
2. American Authors. This is an incredibly energetic band; all four members put their all into every performance and seem to have fun doing so. The Brooklyn-based foursome’s single “Best Day Of My Life” has been blowing up the airwaves recently and the crowd went nuts when they heard the song's introductory banjo plucks.
3. The Royal Concept. These guys deserve to be selling out larger venues! Singer David Larson was born to perform; he has that mysterious look but puts a great amount of energy into his performance along with his other three band members, particularly hair-flipping drummer Povel Olsson. And, of course, Larson was met with several cheers after taking off his shirt during the band's last tune.
4. Crowd interaction. American Authors singer Zachary Barnett wasn’t afraid to get close to his fans, looking them in the eye and even hopping into the crowd. The Royal Concept’s David Larson and bassist Magnus Robert let the crowd sing into their microphones. Guitarist Filip Bekic also wasn't afraid to get close and leaned into the crowd to play a few phrases.
5. See them while you can. This is such a high quality tour and there’s no doubt in my mind that all three bands will be going places soon; so don’t miss your chance to see them in smaller, more intimate venues while you can!
6. Good music, good guys. American Authors performed an impromptu acoustic version of “Best Day Of My Life” after the show because a few fans drove up from Ohio just to see the band, but didn’t make it in time because of an injury. That’s some quality fan appreciation right there.
Follow the bands:
The Royal Concept
Twitter & Instagram: @theroyalconcept
Twitter & Instagram: @MisterWives