Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 gives super sheer coverage, but for those who love a natural look, this product is gem. Its the foundation of choice for someone who likes little makeup. However, it is not ideal for dry skin, as it exacerbates flakiness. Furthermore, those with oily skin should also be cautious when using this product since it will not absorb excess oil the way that more viscous foundations notoriously do. So in conclusion, if you have nearly perfect skin, with no blemishes to cover that is not too dry and not too oily this foundation is for you. For the most of us though, we use foundation to cover one of those defects.
I do occasionally use this foundation. While I typically have even, combination skin, and I am not looking to conceal, as much as to airbrush. It enhances a healthy base. However, I am not very impressed with this product when my skin is acting up. You need to have naturally beautiful skin to get away with using this as a base.
While, I typically am a fan of most things Chanel, this product is much too sheer for my taste. When I pay a hefty price I want stronger results. But in all fairness, this is advertised as being light. Do know when purchasing that the Vitalumiere line is more like using a slightly pigmented moisturizer than it is a foundation.
- It is not matte nor is it shiny. This product strikes a good balance, giving skin a radiant glow.
- It does not clog pores.
- It adjusts to skin tone with wear.
- It gives the appearance of bronzer dabbed on the cheeks. I have no idea how, but everyone compliments my bronzer when I wear this, even though I have no other products on.
- It is extremely natural looking. No one will no you are wearing foundation. (Depending on your preferences and needs this can also be a con.)
- It contains SPF protection.
- It is non-comedigenic.
- It’s Chanel.
- Hard to match to very light skin. Most shades can be too orangey.
- Extremely sheer coverage is so light that it is not much different from wearing nothing at all. It will not cover a blemish, so you still need to use a concealer. The coverage is not very buildable.
- While it is a plus that this foundation is oil free, this product is very runny and feels watered down.
- Exacerbates flakiness on dry skin.
- It does not mattify oily skin, nor quench thirsty skin.
- It is a pricier foundation.
Despite the fact that there are numerous cons, I have to give this product 4 out of 5 stars, because I get so many compliments when wearing it. I am willing to acknowledge that while it is expensive, lightweight, and not what I am used to, the point of makeup is to make your skin look attractive and it accomplishes this goal. I prefer heavier foundations, like Estee Lauder's Double Wear line, so in comparison this product leaves me feeling quite naked. Be that as it may, it is unfair for me to give a product a bad review because it does not mesh with my taste. The foundation does exactly what it is advertised to do. Just be aware that Vitalumiere is ideal for a very limited clientele. If you want to enhance your look, while letting your natural skin show through, I recommend going to your local Macy’s and giving it a try.