Skip to main content
  1. Leisure
  2. Food & Drink
  3. Drinks

Sassarini Cinque Terre Cian du Corsu 2012

See also

Sassarini Cinque Terre Cian du Corsu 2012

Rating:
Star4
Star
Star
Star
Star

Cinque Terre, land of the “Five Lands.” Is in the northwest corner of the “Italian Riviera.” Steep hills rise from the sea and are terraced with vines to the top. I have to admit, although I’ve heard of Cinque Terre, I have never tasted or even seen these wines despite tasting 100’s of different Italian wines. I finally got my chance and I was pleasantly surprised. Being so close to the sea and a region know for anchovies, white wine is the star here. A minimum of 40% native grape Bosco is mandated by law. The remaining 60% is made up of Albarola and Vermentino.
Sassarini Cinque Terre Cian du Corsu 2012 is bright yellow in the glass. It contains 60% Bosco and just about equal parts of Albarola and Vermentino. The nose is filled with lemon, tropical fruits, minerals and even some salt notes carried in from winds coming off the Mediterranean. The Sassarini Cian du Corsu has a rich mouth feel and the tropical notes especially pineapple really shine through. This is a delicious wine that belongs on the table next time you have a seafood festival laid out on your table. I would also enjoy this with any poultry, try it with a juicy turkey burger even.

Advertisement

Leisure

  • Hookah smoking
    Young adults believe hookah smoking pose no health threat
    Camera
    7 Photos
  • Bikini body
    Get your bikini body while having fun outdoors this summer
    Camera
    5 Photos
  • Scarlett Johansson
    Scarlett Johansson is the face of Perfect Mono: Dolce and Gabbana's first cream eyeshadow
    Camera
    5 Photos
  • Summer dining events
    Solitude Mountain Resort is an amazing place to escape and enjoy delicious dining options
    Camera
    6 Photos
  • Top outdoor activities
    Don't spend your summer indoors: Top outdoor activities to do with your significant other
    Camera
    10 Photos
  • Summer beauty tips
    Use these tips to look and feel great in the summer heat and humidity
    Camera
    10 Photos