Salmon cakes are a highly underrated meal. They are able to feed a large crowd for a little bit of money and a fairly simple to make. Many people think of oily fried cakes with minimal flavor when the topic of salmon cakes arises. However, www.kraftfoods.com has come up with an incredibly tasty recipe for salmon cakes that includes a magnificent lemon-dill aioli.
To make matters even better these are a healthier alternative to the traditional salmon cake recipe because they are baked instead of fried. This simple and delicious recipe can be prepped in twenty minutes and takes a total of forty minutes to come completely together.
The recipe is as follows:
- 1 and 1/3 cup of mayonnaise divided
- 1 egg
- 3 sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 pound of cooked salmon filet, flaked
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of dill
- 1 and 1/2 cups of panko break crumbs
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Mix 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, egg, green onion, parsley, Dijon mustard, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining mayonnaise, zest, juice, garlic, and dill. Refrigerate.
- Combine panko bread crumbs and butter in a separate bowl.
- Form fish mixture into cakes and coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for twenty minutes, flipping the cakes after the first ten minutes.
- Serve with aioli.
This is an amazing recipe. By far the best salmon cake recipe that I have ever tasted. It is easy to prepare and capable of satisfying large crowds at an affordable cost as well as being time efficient. One variation that adds a great flavor dimension to this recipe is substituting one pack of Ritz crackers for the panko bread crumbs.
Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this recipe at the following locations:
Whole Foods Market
1330 Smith Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
1020 West 41st Street
Baltimore, MD 21211