The Sleep & Breathing Monitor from SafeToSleep is the world’s first baby monitor that can track a baby’s breathing in real time and transmit the data to a smartphone or tablet, so parents know at a glance their baby is sleeping safely.
What is great about this advanced monitoring system is that it helps to put parents at ease when their baby is sleeping especially if the baby was born with any sort of respiratory problems or develops a bad bronchial type cough like my baby has at the moment. He has a pretty bad chest cold so he’s been coughing and wheezing. The SafeToSleep and Breathing Monitor has proven to be very useful to my family with this current situation. When my baby is sleeping upstairs it gives me peace of mind knowing that I can be downstairs watching is breathing patterns on my iPhone.
My baby also has a bit of acid reflux so sometimes putting him on his back to sleep is not always comfortable for him. We have to put a towel or blanket under his back to prop him up a bit so he sleeps more on his side. As he’s getting bigger the fear is that he’ll turn on his tummy to sleep and because SIDS is a major concern I love the fact that The SafeToSleep and Breathing Monitor will catch any abnormal breathing that may occur.
The SafeToSleep system works in three easy steps.
- lie your baby on the SleepMat, which is a soft sleep surface that uses advanced fiber optic technology to detect your baby’s breathing
- connect to the SleepMat using your smartphone or parent unit
- instantly begin monitoring your baby
Other features of the Sleep & Breathing Monitor include:
- The monitor has been hospital tested and is as accurate as hospital breathing monitors.
- There’s a fun app that lets parents stream music or a play story recorded in their own voice to their child through the tiny speakers built into the SleepMat.
- The smartphone app can also generate reports on your baby’s total sleep time and sleep quality. This is new information that can help parents care for their babies in ways that were never before possible.
- The SleepMat is battery operated and wireless
The SafeToSleep monitor is available for $329 at retailers such as Target.com, BabiesRUs.com and SafeToSleep.com. Here is a great video for a visual of the monitor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqDRLdpPmms.