Noted motorcycle lifestyle authority Edward Winterhalder has again joined forces with Marc Teatum to craft a fresh addition to the "A Biker's Story" series with the fourth installment entitled "The Moon Upstairs".
At a healthy 280-pages, the book follows the saga of Landon "Blues" McKendry during his reign as President of the Albany chapter of the fictional Skuldmen Motorcycle Club and his subsequent time in prison for enacting revenge on the person responsible for the death of his beloved wife and infant son.
The tale provides an authentic look at a man as he comes to terms with mistakes from his past and his desire for how he wishes to live in the present. There is a constant balancing act between his love for the camaraderie of the MC and his need to ensure that he can establish a relationship with his teen daughter who is still grieving the loss of her mother and brother more than a decade earlier.
Blues, through his study of Buddhist teachings, is able to retain his composure when dealing with select members of law enforcement and also being grateful for those entering his life that see past his history and embrace the positive influence he brings into their lives.
The elements dealing with Blue's exposure to the 1%'er lifestyle come across as being authentic without a sense of forced drama.
For those riders that like to read, or merely avid readers that live vicariously through books and shows on the motorcycle lifestyle, "The Moon Upstairs" is a recommended addition to the personal library. Winterhalder and Teatum are sure to find a receptive audience waiting for the next installment of this popular series.
Other books by Winterhalder include:
- One Light Coming - A Biker's Story / Book 3 of the Series
- Biker Chicz of North America
- The Mirror - A Biker's Story / Book 2 of the Series
- Biker Chicks : The Magnetic Attraction of Women to Bad Boys and Motorbikes
- All Roads Lead to Sturgis - A Biker's Story / Book 1 of the Series
- The Assimilation : Rock Machine become Bandidos - Bikers United Against the Hells Angels
- Out in Bad Standings : Inside the Bandidos Motorcycle Club
© Raine Devries 2013