It's officially fall! School has started and it's Labor Day Weekend! If you are looking for a special treat to make this week bake Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Cupcakes! They are delicious. I ran across this recipe while catching up on reading blogs and Facebook. It is taken from Crazy Little Projects, a blog about food, recipes, DIYs, and Amber, the author's, life. It is one of the best chocolate cupcake recipes I have tried. The cupcakes stayed moist for several days and the frosting is so creamy it melts in your mouth.
You can also use this cupcake recipe for most types of cupcakes by changing the flavor of the pudding and cake mix. Such as chocolate chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. You can also add different fillings like marshmallows, any chocolate candies, Andies mints, chocolate chips, or any pieces of fruit.
Keep reading Crazy Little Projects for more recipe ideas.
1 Devil's Food cake mix
1 box chocolate pudding (6 oz)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
2 tsp vanilla
24 mini Reese's peanut butter cups
Peanut Butter Icing:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups powered sugar
5 tsp milk
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your cupcake tins with cupcake holders.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, chocolate pudding, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, water, and vanilla together on a low speed for about 1-2 minutes or until it is mixed thoroughly.
*NOTE: This cake batter is thicker than most other recipes.
3. Scoop batter (about 1/4 cup) into the cupcake tins.
4. Unwrap the mini Reese's peanut butter cups and push them into the center of each cupcake.
5. Bake for about 18 minutes.
6. Let cool.
7. While the cupcakes are cooling, you can make the peanut butter frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting
1. In a small or medium sized bowl, mix together on a low-medium speed the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk. This will take less than 5 minutes.
2. You can use a piping bag or a zip lock bag with a corner cut out to frost your cupcakes.
3. Frost your cupcakes.
4. Top the cupcakes with a Reese's mini peanut butter cup. You can also melt chocolate or pour chocolate sauce on top of the cupcakes.
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Time: about 30 minutes, about 15 minutes to decorate
Happy Baking! Happy Labor Day Weekend!