Peppermint bark is one of the favorite desserts this holiday season, and is a great choice for any New Year's party tonight. Quick and easy to make, this mint chocolate chip recipe is one of hundreds of fabulous recipes you can find on Pinterest. Be sure to grab a piece or two early because this bark recipe does not last long on the dessert table.
If you do not have chocolate wafers or CoCo Puffs, you can use any chocolate cookie like Oreos. Make sure you melt the white chocolate chips all the way and mix the food coloring in right away. Sometimes white chocolate chips becomes a little thick after it has been melted.
6 oz. of Andes mints baking chips
6 oz. chocolate chips, melted
7 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
3 oz. Oreo cookies (or 3 small bags of Oreo cookies), crushed
3-4 drops of green food coloring
Mint Chocolate Chip Bark
1. Put wax paper on the bottom and sides of an 8x8 pan.
2. Crush the Oreo cookies by rolling a rolling pin over the bags.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in a small sauce pan on a low heat. Pour the melted chocolate in the 8x8 pan until it covers the bottom of the pan.
4. Pour the crushed Oreo cookies on top of the melted chocolate. Place it in the refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes.
4. Melt the white chocolate chips in a small sauce pan on a low heat.
5. Add a few drops of green food coloring to the melted white chocolate chips.
6. Take the pan out of the refrigerator. Pour the melted white chocolate chips on top of the crushed Oreos. Spread evenly with a spatula.
7. Add the Andes Mint baking chips on top of the white chocolate chips.
9. Place back into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
10. Take the pan out of the refrigerator and break the bark apart.
Time: about 20-30 minutes
Happy New Year!