Everyone loves a good Happy Hour. The atmosphere, prime location, cool crowd, vast food/beverage options and discounted prices all play important factors.
Mixx Lounge at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel has all that and then some and is just a sneak peek of all that this hotel has to offer.
Step inside this luxurious hotel and forget about the hustle and bustle that is downtown DC. Instead of hard concrete pavement, take a brisk walk on polished floors and carpeted walkways. The outside noise is now replaced with cool tunes and conversation. Mixx Lounge serves as a good meeting spot for Happy Hour-goers.
Wanna catch the game or see some highlights? The President's Sports Bar is just a few steps away.
Now, it's time to get that Happy Hour started!
This isn't your average sports bar. Everything is fresh, prepared in-house and presented with thought, care and originality. The wings and fries are taken up several notches. Here's a rundown of some of the other menu items:
- Chips and dip: Served with crab seasoned dip. Addictive!
- Chicken tenders with honey mustard dip and french fries:
- Half-dozen drummies with bleu cheese dip: Available with mild or hot sauce.
- Crab salad sliders: While my shellfish allergy didn't allow me to try these, they're a steal at 2 for $5. Mixed with polenta and local seasons, those looking for crab cakes with no bland filler should be pleasantly pleased.
- Boneless chicken with coconut dust and sweet chili dip: Presented "lollipop" style. The coconut dust is a nice play on coconut shrimp -- a nice alternative for those with shellfish allergies.
- Tuna sliders with Meyer lemon-parsley mayo and arugula: A healthy alternative to your typical beef sliders.
- Hummus with grilled flat bread: Honestly, the best hummus I've ever tasted.
- Bread pudding with butterscotch sauce and Madagascar vanilla bean ice cream: Served warm, this is a light (filling) version of what's typically a heavy dessert.
- Roasted banana cheese cake with Johnny Walker chocolate cream: Truly a banana-lovers delight!
- Raspberry pana cotta "Martini" with a chocolate lace cookie garnish: Something light, perfect for those who don't have a major sweet tooth, but want something sweet after such a filling meal
- Sesame crusted artisan goat cheese fritters with mixed berry dip (sweet) and local wildflower honey (subtle)
- House Wine
- Domestic Draft Beers
Here, you can certainly make a meal out of appetizers. The portions are fit for sharing, so have everyone in your party order something different and sample a little of this, more of that and a few more of everything else.
The food is affordable, which is a welcomed surprise for such a swank hotel.
Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel is not just a hotel, but a hip, happening locale for happy hour.
Calories be darned -- INDULGE YOURSELF!
Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
The President's Sports Bar
999 9th Street, NW
Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel is conveniently located in downtown DC and is Metro accessible. Gallery Place-Chinatown and Mt. Vernon Square-7th Street-Convention Center metro stations are both just several blocks away.
For more information on Renaissance Hotels, visit http://renaissance-hotels.marriott.com.
Budgeting? 'DC Cheap Eats': For more ways to pinch pennies, save a buck and enjoy some good food and beverage!
Still hungry? 'DC Tapas': For those who appreciate the fine art of making a meal out of appetizers, desserts and mock/cocktails!
Gotta get glam/grand? 'DC Beauty Products': For rave (and not-so-rave) reviews!