This past Friday's Runway Moms for a Cause event created by fashion designer Lara Akinsanya of LShandi deserves a standing ovation. With the support of local DC power moms, the Best Face Forward glam squad, media partner Washingtonian Moms magazine, under the direction of Executive Producer Maggy Francois, LLC and a host of sponsors and supporters - the event totally ROCKED.
Guests were treated to Sprinkles cupcakes, light bites and cocktails under the ambiance and chic scene at the Renaissance DuPont Circle on Friday May 9th as we kicked off Mother's Day weekend in the nation's capital.
Spotted on the runway were some of Washington, D.C.'s power moms;
- Lauren Rothman of Styleauteur and author of Style Bible & host of runway moms.
- Elaine Mensah, founder of svelte LLC and runway mom
- Souny West - W Salon
- Aba Kwawu - The ABA Agency
- Stara Glam Pezeshkian – Editorial Stylist
- Maimah Karmo - Tigerlily Foundation
- Maurisa Potts - Spotted MP
- Jessica McFadden - A Parent in America blog
- Julie Silard-Kantor - STEMconnector & Million Women Mentors
- Maureen Umeh - Journalist, Fox 5
- Monica Byrd - Baby Bash and Bling
- Sonya Gavankar – TV Host
- Dr. Haleh Saber - Pharmacologist
- Dr. Katy Nelson – Veterinarian, ABC 7 News
- Alexandra Lawson Baker - model
- Afua Sam - Studio D'Maxsi
- Christine St. Vil - Moms'N Charge
- Neneh Diallo - professional and personal career coach
- Laura Michelle - Model
- Wendy Pittman - My Bougie Baby
- Solé - Rapper and Actress
- Laura Wall - nurse
Congratulations to my fellow FAB moms!
Runway Moms for a Cause (RMFC) is a fashion initiative with the mission to serve as a vehicle to raise funds for non-profit organizations. Each year, RMFC will profile and celebrate accomplishments of mothers who impact change in their communities. (www.runwaymoms.org)
The 2014 Runway Moms for a Cause Fundraising event benefited Kidsave International (www.kidsave.org). Under the guidance of the fundraising efforts, Kidsave will be able to continue their mission to create change - so forgotten orphanage and foster kids grow up in families and connected to caring adults. By 2020 Kidsave’s goal is to connect 1,000,000 orphans and foster youth to parents and mentors to enable them to experience love, hope and the opportunity for a successful future.
Be sure to follow this amazing cause! Next year’s event will benefit the Tigerlily Foundation (www.tigerlilyfoundation.org).