Founder and creator of Pure Barre Carrie Rezabek Dorr had the perfect background and knowledge in order to create the fitness phenomenon. With her professional dancing career as well as extensive training in Pilates and fitness Rezabek knew exactly what it took in order to creator the Pure Barre formula. By using small isometric movements at the ballet barre attendees claim to see results immediately.
After hearing so much about Pure Barre I decided to visit their newest location in Union Square, New York. I had the pleasure of experiencing my first class with Alyssa Bothman who broke down the benefits of this workout.
Somethings you should know about Pure Barre.
- How is this workout different from Physique 57? The Pure Barre class is set at a quicker pace than Physique 57. Each muscle group is isolated and worked to fatigue.
- A stretch follows each targeted muscle group in order to create long lean muscles.
- Pure Barre hit New York a little over a year ago with the first location on UWS and now has a second location in Union Square.
- Each class includes mixed levels of students ranging from teachers, veterans and newbies.
- You can enjoy this workout at home if there is not a location near you! View the DVD collection for more details.
Learn more about my book You Can Have It All