Taking care of your teeth at a young age is so crucial or else you end up like me, lots of dentist bills, as I get older. The importance of oral hygiene (dentists recommend brushing your teeth twice a day 30 minutes after eating) is something that I’m trying to instill in my 5 year-old daughter. In 2014, my family and I decided that taking better care of our teeth will be one of our New Year’s resolutions.
In January Philips Sonicare launched the new Philips Sonicare for Kids, which I was extremely happy about. My wife and I both have a Philips Sonicare toothbrush and we love them. We definitely noticed a difference in our teeth after using Philips Sonicare so were excited to see the results with my daughter’s teeth.
My daughter has been using the Philips Sonicare for Kids for about a month and a half now and I really like the many kid-friendly features it includes such as:
- KidTimer-gradually increases to 2 minutes to train kids to brush to dentist recommended time
- KidPacer- fun sounds that encourage kids to brush the front & back part of their upper and lower teeth
- 2 different power modes-high and low modes for a gentle yet effective cleaning
- Easy grip handle- ergonomically designed to enable parents and kids to brush together on their own
- Interchangeable stickers- comes with 8 stickers for boys and girls to customize their toothbrush
The great thing about brushing with Philips Sonicare for Kids is that it will do all the work for your little one. All your child has to do is just hold the brush on each tooth and it goes to work with 31,000 brushstrokes per minute!! My daughter said the toothbrush is very comfortable and easy to hold thanks to the design. She’s also addicted to stickers so the fact that she can customize her own toothbrush with eight different designs makes brushing easier and more fun.
Parents, you will love to know that the brush removes up to 75% more plaque removal than a manual toothbrush and it is dental-professional approved – 91% of dental professionals would recommend Philips Sonicare for Kids for their own child.