It is finally here! After years of waiting the Microsoft Office Suite is available for your iPad. Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint are now available for download from the App Store. This is a win-win for Apple and Microsoft. I personally have been waiting a long time for this to happen.
Microsoft wrote the versions from scratch so they take advantage of all of the unique functionality of touch and zoom of the iPads. Microsoft did an excellent job with the apps! While ever feature of the office suite is not available, the features offered are core and are the primary functionality used by the majority of Excel, PowerPoint and Word users. A few of the key app features included in the iPad Office suite include:
Excel for iPad
- Create and edit charts
- Add functions & formulas
- Sort, filter and analyze your data using the Excel table feature
Word for iPad
- Easily insert and edit photos from your iPad albums
- Track changes on shared docs
- Use styles and templates
Powerpoint for iPad
- Use your iPad to create and present presentations
- Easily insert and edit photos from your iPad albums to enhance your presentations
- Create transitions and effects with just a tap
Watch my ABC "App Chat" segment at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07PZjcOPcsk to see the apps in action.
Read only versions of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint for iPad are available for free in the App Store. If you would like to edit the files you will need to purchase Microsoft Office 365 subscription for $100/year.