- Low in sugar
- Higher in protein
- Higher in fat
The Live Pumpkin bar weights just 51g, which is similar to a Lara Bar, although it looks a lot bigger in size.
Thumbs Up For:
- Keeping the sugars low at just 5 grams, and total carbs low.
- Having 9 grams of protein per bar and 16g of fat to help even out blood glucose levels
- Almost 1:1 ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fats (320mg vs 350mg)
- Reasonable fiber content at 5g
- Using nutrient-richer sprouted ingredients
- Being gluten, soy, and dairy free
I do wonder:
- Why they used agave because it is higher in fructose. There is, however, only a small amount of agave in this product.
What does it taste like?
My initial (subjective) impressions were that is wasn't sweet, tasted quite strongly of pumpkin seeds, and had an enjoyable, chewy texture. The bar is 'held together' well, and doesn't snap or flake easily. If you like sweet-tasting bars, this one is not for you. If you can appreciate a more 'savory' and seedy taste, then try out the Live Pumpkin food bar. It's very healthy, and keeps your energy level nicely topped-up during a 2 hour movie.