For those of you that are not familiar with code switching, footing, or urban linguistics, “Kickin’ It” translates to “hanging out.” Recently, I took a trip to Klyde Warren Park to hang out and enjoy a soothing sunny Saturday. I had heard a great deal of intriguing conversation about this public addition to downtown Dallas. Curiosity got the best of me and I donned my aviator shades and headed out for an afternoon of fun. What I found was quite impressive.
Located at 2012 Woodall Rodgers Freeway, the park is brimming with an abundance of activities. There were so many diverse sights, sounds, and smells to take in. It truly was a sensorial delight. Klyde Warren Park offers something for everyone. A visitor to this enchanting and entertaining downtown escape will have the pleasurable opportunity to enjoy the following:
• Botanical Gardens
• A children’s park that encompasses interactive fountains, a story-telling tree, imaginative playground structures, and a children’s amphitheater (It made me want to have little ones just to enjoy this imaginative play space).
• Free Wi-Fi
• A courtyard for reading and games (provided by the park or you can bring your own)
• A putting green
• Croquet or Ping-Pong
• A place to play for the four-legged babies
• Dining at Savor, the Klyde Warren Park restaurant (This is a must for any foodie.)
• …and a host of other perfect park spaces.
Klyde Warren Park hosts a number of daily events and activities and are within walking distance of really fantastic neighbors. Some of their neighbors are:
• Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico
• Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
• Crow Collection of Asian Art
• Dallas Symphony Orchestra
• Dallas Museum of Art
• Dallas Black Dance Theatre
• Nasher Sculpture Center
Visiting Klyde Warren Park is a must!!! Add it to your list of "things to do" in Dallas. For more information about Klyde Warren Park or to check the day’s scheduled events, call: 214.716.4500, email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or visit their website at: http://www.klydewarrenpark.org
Email Elisha at: email@example.com