Join.me, not joinme.com, or .net, but join.me lives up to its home page tagline, “Today’s forecast: spontaneous brainstorms,” very well, thank you. Compared to Skype, Webex.com, Mikogo.com, and several others, Join.me basic is the quickest and most user friendly of all the sharing programs for several reasons.
First, the others require an email address to sign up even for basic service, Join.me does not. And while it is not apparently required, Mikogo.com asks for a phone number too. In fact, all the programs besides Join.me require email authentication in order to more readily share two desktops aside from CrossLoop.com. Secondly, further authentication is required by all the programs by entering either an email address, user name, or other account details to install the software and/or use the software. Join.me does not. Finally, keep in mind that Join.me also is the simplest interface, providing only desktop exchange and/or desktop control.
So how does Join.me work so quickly and efficiently? Answer – By enabling users to form a straight line to their desktop, tablet, or smartphone device! The program is compatible with PCs, iPhones, and Android operating devices. iPad is only available in Pro or paid version.
No need to click on the About page. That page tends to push prospects to the Pro or paid version where an email address is needed. Simply follow these six steps:
- Upon visiting the Join.me home page, simply select the “basic” button. The download begins automatically.
- Run the program.
- A Join.me start icon will be added to your desktop, click it to start the sharing process.
- Users have two options to share or join (show your desktop to another user or see another user’s desktop). If you wish to share, click “share” and the program will generate a 9 digit numerical code.
- Provide the code to another individual who also has downloaded the program.
- He or she will enter the code in their Join.me desktop icon in the “join” open field and then click “join.”
Your desktop has now successfully been shared! Want more users to join your meeting? Give them the current code. I have already used this handy little program to discuss eClass curriculum between faculty and administrators, and helping faculty set up a Blackboard classroom for the first time. In this reviewer’s mind when compared to similar sharing programs, Join.me is the shortest path between two desktops. It’s fast, free, and available 24 hours a day. Why not start sharing today?