Manalapan health Examiner Stacey Chillemi, a writer for The Complete Herbal Guide reviewed the product Pyure Organic Stevia on June 19, 2014. A product that claims to be a healthy, organic solution used to replace sugar and other artificial sweeteners. Here is what the she had to say.
Did you know…?
In Japan, stevia was approved as a sweetener since the 1970′s, and is now the number one sweetener in Japan and there are no reports of unwanted side effects.
What is stevia?
Stevia comes from the leaves of the stevia plant and contains no calories. It can be used cup-for-cup as a replacement for sugar. You can use it for baking, and you can sprinkle it in your coffee or on berries or oatmeal.
Why is organic stevia better than sugar and other artificial sweeteners?
- You do not have to use as much: The raw leaves of the stevia plant are approximately 40 times sweeter than sugar, and the powdered sweetener derived from them is up to 200-300 times sweeter. What’s good about this is that you just need a tiny bit of stevia and you can use it in most of your sugar-free recipes to give it a little beet of sweet kick.
- Pyure Organic Stevia has no calories: Refined sugar makes you fat. Sucrose contains many calories and there are so many sugary products nowadays that it has become almost a full-time chore to avoid them. Therefore, 34% of adults and 17% of children in America are obese from consuming too much sugar in their diet. These alarming rates are three times higher than they were thirty years ago. Fortunately, Pyure Organic Stevia sweetener has no calories.
- Pyure Organic Stevia helps to suppress cravings: As we all know, sugar is addictive and the more sugar you eat the more you want to consume. It has been reported that stevia suppresses cravings.
- Pyure Organic Stevia is good for your teeth: When you consume sugar, an adhesive layer of bacteria is formed on your teeth, causing dental plaque and cavities in the end. Sugar alcohols also called “polyols” such as Erythritol, Maltitol and Sorbitol are popular ingredients in chewing gums and toothpastes because the dental bacteria cannot ferment them and thus, cannot stick to your teeth.
- Pyure Organic Stevia is great for diabetics: The reason why sugar is so bad for diabetics is that it contains large amounts of carbohydrates. Food types with a glycemic index value of less than 50 are considered relatively safe for diabetics. The lower the number, the better it is for someone who has diabetes. Tabletop sugar has a GI of 80. Stevia has a GI of zero. This makes Pyure Organic Stevia ideal for keeping your diabetes symptoms at bay without having to compromise any sweetness in your food.
- Pyure Organic Stevia regulates hypertension: For generations, native tribes in South America have been using stevia to sweeten their herbal tea. Aside from the sweetness, they have also been using it to lower blood pressure in people suffering from hypertension. Nowadays, South American doctors even officially prescribe medicine-containing stevia to help control high blood pressure. Extensive testing has shown that stevia does not lower blood pressure in healthy individuals.
- Pyure Organic Stevia helps people who suffer from Candidiasis: Candida albicans is a natural type of yeast that is present in every human’s intestines. However, in some people, this yeast population can grow excessively large and that is when an infection called “Candidiasis” occurs, causing symptoms like diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. The main culprit with Candidiasis is the fermentation of sugar in the intestine. Many candida diets are based on eliminating sucrose from a person’s diet. Raw stevia cannot be fermented by candida albicans and does not promote Candidiasis. Therefore, it should be perfectly safe to substitute sugar with stevia for people with this condition.
As an author of the book, “The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body - Heal Your Body Naturally and Maintain Optimal Health Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables I found the Pyure Organic Stevia to be an excellent product to use as an alternative for sugar or any other artificial sweetener.”
It came quickly, packaged well and when I used it, I was extremely satisfied with the product. I preferred using the Pyure Organic Stevia better than using sugar or any other artificial sweeteners. I also used a lot less than I would normally with sugar or other artificial sweeteners. I only needed a half of packet to make my coffee the way I like to drink it. When I used sugar, I would have to use two packets and with other artificial sweeteners, I needed one packet. I like the fact that it is completely sugar-free derived from the sweetest part of the stevia plant, and blended with organic agave inulin fiber, a probiotic and digestive aid. I recommend this product to others and I will continue to use Pyure Organic Stevia instead of sugar and other artificial sweeteners.