When one is pressed for time creating a delicious meal is the furthest thing from our minds. We want something quick and easy to make with a little fuss and muss as possible. Often, this means pulling something out of the freezer and heating it up in the microwave. Often, it is a bland piece of frozen pizza or a less than appetizing T.V. dinner. But can a recipe truly be simple to make AND delicious? The answer is yes!
Betty Crocker has proven this with the recipe for Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie. This super simple recipe is a big hit with both adults and children alike. It can be whipped up in a matter of thirty minutes tops! And the good news is, all the of ingredients in this dish are everyday items that are already in the fridge and pantry!
Recipe was located through the www.bettycrocker.com
The recipe for Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie is as follows:
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a nine inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over a medium flame.
- Stir in salt.
- Spread in the pie plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake fore 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
This is a fantastic recipe that I highly recommend to those who don't have a lot of time to cook. It's tasty and easy to make and will keep your guests coming back for more.
Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this recipe at the following locations:
Whole Foods Market
1330 Smith Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
1020 West 41st Street
Baltimore, MD 21211