In this day and age where everyone is posting digital photos to Instagram, Facebook, Vine and Flickr many people forget to create tangible printed products of their favorite images. Having a printed photo that you can see every time you walk into a room or a friend’s home makes an impact. Printed photos make a statement about what you hold dear. They tell a story about your family history and bring back vivid memories. That’s what Hellopics is all about. Hellopics is a company that provides the best quality printed products at affordable prices so you don’t even have to think twice about creating a wall of your own art.
I had the chance to talk to the founders of Hellopics. I was intrigued by how these twenty-something year olds created Hellopics and what was the force behind their novel company that helps people all around the world create their personal works of art.
Question: What was the impetus to forming hellopics?
- Digital media has changed the landscape for photography and photo printing. We wanted to make it easy for people to get back to printing and sharing their photos in real life, not just on the web. Hellopics mobile apps make it incredibly easy to print on the go.
- Printed products were expensive. We're changing that by offering a huge selection of high-quality products at the lowest prices you will find online, guaranteed.
- With globalization, people want to ship printed products all over the world. Hellopics is the first digital retailer with apps and products that are available anywhere in the world.
Question: What is your company's mission statement?
Our Mission is to foster creative individuality and bring on-demand printed products to people all over the world. We hope to surround people with their favorite memories and brands, to remind them of the better things in life, improving the world one creation at a time.
Question: How did you get into this business?
Austen, our founder, has always had an interest in art and photography, plus an entrepreneurial spirit.
Question: What goals do you have for the company in the next year?
Continue to launch unique new products. Localize the apps for international markets, including full translation of text and other localized features.
Question: What's the philosophy behind Hellopics?
Our philosophy is to keep our customers happy by giving them the best products at the best prices, making them available anywhere in the world. We aim to provide world-class customer service to all our customers.
Question: How does your customer service stand apart from the rest?
- Our customer service team is available 24 hours a day.
- We go the extra mile to monitor orders and reach out to customers even before they realize there is an issue.
Question: What should we know about the deals, prices, quality - and anything else about Hellopics?
- Our $1 canvas wrap is a great way to test out our app and check out the product quality. This was a special offer for our launch and will be ending in a couple weeks!
- Our everyday prices are lower than anyone else you'll find online, even when they are running deals. With Hellopics, you don't have to wait around for a sale.
- We personally test and review every single item we sell to ensure that only the highest quality products make the cut.
- In addition to core products like canvas wraps and framed prints, we sell unique items like fleece blankets, shower curtains, ottomans, tinybooks, and more. We're releasing new products all the time.
Check out Hellopics product page that keeps filling up with new products. From shower curtains to coffee mugs, to tinybooks and clothes, Hellopics has the right gift for any occasion.
So isn’t it about time you printed a few of your favorite photos? Your digital memories should become works of art on your walls and in your wallet. The variety and quality of Hellopics products is just as outstanding as their amazingly affordable prices. Download the iOS or Android app and start ordering quickly and easily straight from your smartphone. Do it on the subway on your way to work or while you’re walking the aisles at the grocery store. It’s that easy. The hardest part is choosing which photos to print from your camera roll, Instagram, Flickr, Picasa, Dropbox or Facebook page.
Tina Case is a photographer and writer based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. She writes reviews, tips and tricks about photography gear and other consumer technology products.