- A spirit of giving - each an every one of the volunteers were at the bagging event out of a desire to help pets in need and give to our community;
- A cheerfulness that is brought on by doing something productive with other like minded people;
- A goal with a definite time limit - in this case it was to repackage as much dog and cat food into smaller, more easily distributed bags as quickly as possible in order to meet the needs of the community;
- A flurry of almost magical coordination - whether the volunteers were new or experienced, every one seemed to fit into the project and was able to contribute and assist where and when needed.
The recent bagging event had people from all ages and all backgrounds coming together in the common cause of helping to provide emergency pet provisions to those in financial hardship - helping to keep pets with their families in tough times.
Volunteering can be a stressful experience or it can be fun - the work may be hard or easy, but the fellowship of the volunteers and the organization makes all the difference. In this case, the love and focus of the Bakersfield Pet Food Pantry gets 5 stars!
If you have a love of pets and want to help the Bakersfield Pet Food Pantry in their mission to help our community by providing temporary assistance of pet food to families suffering financial hardships, low income seniors, disabled and homeless individuals, there are many ways you can assist!
- Volunteer for a monthly bagging event! The next one is March 3, at 2 p.m. at 4700 Easton Drive, Space 29
- Donate pet food or money
- Sponsor a pet food drive (Girl Scout Troop #3407 recently held a drive that produced 832 pounds of pet food!)
- Tell everyone you know about the Bakersfield Pet Food Pantry - you can like their Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/BakersfieldPetFoodPantry ; and visit their website at http://bakersfieldpetfoodpantry.org/
Volunteering is one of the best ways to participate and give back to our community. It is a rewarding experience that enriches your life even as you are helping others.
Comments? Questions? Story information, product to review or breaking news? Please contact Natalia Corres at Natalia@bakwep.com.
Enjoy this article? Don't forget to "like" or share it. You can receive email alerts when new articles are available. To subscribe click on the "+Subscribe" button above.