Company Product Description ~ Magellan and Good Sam have teamed up to produce the all-new RoadMate RV9145-LM, an in-vehicle GPS that is specifically designed for RVers. This GPS Navigator is packed with features to help your road adventures come to life. With Free Lifetime Map Updates, you'll never worry about out-of-date maps again as you receive map updates for the life of your device (Internet connection required to receive updates - compatible with PC and Mac).
With an extra large high-definition 7-inch touch-screen, the RoadMate RV9145-LM offers all of the ease-of-use features Magellan customers love, including a OneTouch Favorites Menu that lets drivers personalize their navigation experience with instant access to favorite destinations and searches. All of the U.S. and Canada campground locations from the Trailer Life Directory as well as Good Sam Club discount locations are pre-programmed into the GPS.
Also included are RV service locations, parking, and Six Million Points of Interest. It even identifies pet-friendly parks, so RVers can be certain that your pets are welcome when you pull into camp. Customize your route using the large vehicle/RV settings and the vehicle's size. This intelligent navigator can also plan routes based on the driver's preference, making the drive much more enjoyable.
Magellan RoadMate RV9145-LM offers superior navigation that encourages safer driving. Drivers can become familiar with their route before driving it, in the comfort of their own home so there are no surprises during the trip. Turn-by-turn spoken directions lets them keep their eyes on the road. The best part? They can quickly navigate to Good Sam certified campground and enjoy member discounts. The Magellan® RoadMate RV9145-LM really is an essential RV travel companion.
- 7" touch screen: Navigate on a wide 7" screen
- The Good Sam club Trailer Life directory provides one-stop RV resource for every aspect of the RVing experience
- Customize RV routes using your own vehicle's length, width, weight and height
- A/V Input: easy connection to external devices such as back-up cameras, DVD players, and iPods
- OneTouch Favorites Menu™: Personalize your travel experience with icons of your favorite places and searches. Easily create shortcuts to your favorite destinations and previous searches with personalized bookmarks so you can quickly find them anywhere you travel
- Free Lifetime Map Updates: Never worry about out-of-date maps again. Download the latest map information (up to 2 times a year) for the life of your Magellan RoadMate navigator.
- Spoken Street Names: Street names and directions are called out so that you know when to make the next turn while keeping your eyes on the road
- Quickspell: Magellan's patented method of helping you enter in addresses correctly - even if you are not sure of the spelling
- 6 Million Points of Interest: Make it easy to find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, coffee shops, and much more
- Highway Exit POIs: Find gas stations and rest areas along your route while you are navigating
- Multi-Destination Routing: Plan your entire afternoon or driving vacation with all your stops in one route
- Smart Detour: Immediate detour option if you are suddenly caught in traffic
- Built-in Maps: A wealth of detail in millions of points of interest as you travel the 50 United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- Bird's-eye View: Lets you clearly see your surroundings in either 2D or 3D
- Automatic re-route: Missed the turn? It happens to the best of us. Quickly get back on track with auto re-route
- Customizable Route Method: Select shortest distance, fastest time, most use of freeways, or least use of freeways
- Address Book: You can definitely get there from here! Create and store personal points of interest and skip repeated address entry
- Auto Night View: Adjusts color and contrast for easy night viewing
Dimensions (English): 7.5” x 4.17” x .063”
Dimensions (Metric): 190.5mm x 106mm x 16mm
Weight (English): 6.4 oz
Weight (Metric): 400g
Battery Type: 720mAh, Li-ion rechargeable
Battery Life: 30 minutes
Stereo Audio Jack: Yes
CPU: Samsung 2450
Expandable Memory: microSD
Temperature Range (F): 14F to 158F
Temperature Range (C): -10C to 70C
Internal Memory: 2GB
Audio/Video Input: Yes
SD Slot: Yes
Display Resolution, WxH: WVGA
Screen Size: 7.0"
Display Type: Color, Transmissive
Touch Screen: Yes
*GPS & Sensors -
GPS Accuracy: 3-5 Meters
High-Sensitivity GPS: Yes
Antenna Type: Multidirectional Patch
*Mapping & Navigation -
Preloaded Maps: US, Canada, Puerto Rico
Points of Interest: 6M
Turn-by-Turn Routing: Yes
Highway Lane Assist: Yes
Map Updates: Lifetime
Multi-Destination Routing: Yes
OneTouch Favorites Menu: Yes
Speed Limits: Yes
Spoken Street Names: Yes
Branded POIs: Yes
POIs Along Route: Yes
Smart City Search: Yes
Smart Detour: Yes
QWERTY/ABCD Keyboard: Yes
Good Sam/Trailer Life Directory: Yes
RV/Truck route: Yes
Customize Vehicle Profile: Yes
*Interface & Communications -
USB Port: USB 2.0
PC Compatible: Yes
MAC Compatible: Yes
With the economic recession in full swing and a seemingly insurmountable maze of ways to navigate through the greenback haze many consumers nowadays are seeking out any means necessary to lower their fun/fund ratios. Take for instance the rapidly growing RV market, which is quickly becoming a fun and frugal way to take a vacation break any weekend of the year. But finding your final destination can sometimes be a hindering headache and if you don’t have $75,000+ to lay down on a primo RV with built-in GPS, Magellan’s newest Roadmate is a fun; and fund friendly, way to find your stay.
Right out of the driveway users will love this unit’s ease of use, clear and concise execution and vast array of features, and while the unit may have a few of the usual less-than list drawbacks, overall this Roadmate will reliably get you where you need to go. The most on-paper glaring issue with this particular unit seems to be its 30 minute battery life, which might be an immediate superficial deal-breaker for many. However since these units aren’t meant to stray far from their terminal tethers, this is a rather inconsequential issue.
Speed has always been another key issue with GPS units as well and; unfortunately, the RV9145 doesn’t always perform at peak. Restarts and lags make some trips incredibly frustrating, but Magellan’s past track record seems to alleviate most of these performance issues within the first few software updates.
On the plus side, one of Magellan’s immediately apparent improvements is the amount of time it takes the device to link up with their satellite. So those cumbersome 2-4 minute link times are now all but obsolete. The RV9145 linked up in a little less than 20 seconds and held that signal until power down. Other welcome software improvements include updated graphics for utilizing the proper multi-lane highway exit, an improved detour feature, a foreseeable “left/right turn ahead” feature with upcoming street indicators and a speedily superior “recalculating” element.
The hands-down best feature of the unit however has to be the tailor-made RV customization and integration of the Good Sam’s directory juxtaposed with everyday car/truck/SUV features. More than just a Points-Of-Interest locator, RVers should love the versatility and flexibility of the Good Sam time-saving software. But whether you’re looking for an RV Park, wanting to gauge a trip by your RV’s size, or perhaps seeking to use the unit in your car or SUV along with your RV, the RV9145 is a multitalented machine.
The final highlighted feature that deserves its own spot could again undoubtedly be a plus for both RVers and car-keyers alike and comes in the form of an AV port. No DVD player for that long trip or you know where you’re going but the kids just won’t quit? Well, by tapping into the Audio/Video port of the RV9145 via any DVD player the 9145's screen will give you hours and hours of exhaustion eliminating entertainment.
So whether you want something reliable and flexible, feature rich and easy to set, or simply a nice break from the constant nagging of “are we there yet, are we there yet!” the Magellan RoadMate RV9145-LM is as powerful, productive, and problem free as an adventurous drive across the country.