Everything is going bespoke these days, from your perfume, BB Cream, foundation and now, your new L'OrealParisUSA.com.
When I first heard about the launch, I thought, ho hum, another website launch. Everyone has a business card these days, and how would a website be any different?
I was pleasantly surprised. Studded with beautifully photographed images, the website gives you everything you want to know about the brand at a glance:
- Tailored Product Suggestions: All you have to do is to take a very simple quiz to personalize the site, and it will suggest products just for your style and skin type each time you log in. Smart cookie!
- Fresh Editorial Content: In the My Beauty Library section, you will find everything you need from beauty videos to content that tells you how to get the perfect at home wild ombre shade. It's state of the art and up to date, and best of all---it's not too wordy! I love a good beauty site with a lot of visuals, and LOrealParisUSA.com has accomplished just that.
- Top Syndication: The brand has partnered with AOL's StyleList to provide up to date videos in the BeautyBar section of the site.
- Giveaways: You'll be able to see giveaways and top picks at a glance on the scrolling marquis immediately upon logging in.
- Causes: You'll be able to scroll down and see what makes L'Oreal so special, such as their creation of the empowering Women of Worth project.
- Multi-platform access: I was so pleasantly surprised when I discovered how beautiful the site looked on my major gadgets: iPad, iPhone, computer and more. I even played it on my AppleTV and the resolution, look and feel were perfect.
- Genius tools and consultations: This section of the site taps into the brand's beauty pros and offers you expert tips on what to buy, what tool to get to get the look you want.
And that's not all: the site continues the push on Social Media, with Twitter campaigns such as the #AskHairGenius which is a virtual SOS to the best of L'Oreal's pros, who will respond to your distress Tweet with a tip or a recommendation.
In short, this new site knocked my socks off. It will always be one of my go-to resources for beauty, worldwide.