Bonefish Grill has launched its new guest-inspired menu with more than 20 new innovative items to complement classic favorites. The culinary forward menu adds Bowls, Steaks, Deluxe Sides and Dessert Flatbreads, using fresh ingredients, to the existing seasonal offerings.
I had the privilege to tryout the new menu and I must say, 90% of the new menu was great. Right off the bat let me say the shrimp pad Thai bowl lacked flavor, specifically the shrimp, the rest of the salad was delicious. Below are some of the new options by Bonefish Grill:
New bowls deliver bold flavor, using fresh vegetables that combine Asian and Mediterranean inspired flavors.
· Spicy Tuna Bowl – premium sushi grade, sesame-seared rare tuna served with avocado, sweet chile sauce, jasmine rice and passion fruit salsa
· Seared NY Strip Bowl – USDA Choice NY Strip seared to your preference served with marinated cucumbers, roasted peanuts and passion fruit salsa, jasmine rice and a black pepper aioli
· Shrimp Pad Thai Bowl – sautéed shrimp combined with rice noodles, green onions, peanuts, egg and a traditional Pad Thai sauce
· Fire Roasted Vegetables Bowl – a seasonally fresh selection of vegetables combined with pearl couscous with herb and pesto dipping sauce available with choice of wood-grilled shrimp or herb-grilled chicken
New Wood-Grilled steak specialties include a savory 13 oz. USDA Choice Rib-Eye, perfect with white truffle butter or choice of several new steak signature sauces including:
· Béarnaise Sauce – classic hollandaise based sauce flavored with tarragon and red wine
· Asian Peppercorn Demi-Glace – schezwan peppercorns blended with a reduced brown sauce
· Porcini Sage Butter – blended butter sauce with porcini mushrooms and fresh sage
· Creamy Mushroom and Bacon Sauce – Marsala wine reduction finished with sliced mushrooms and crisp bacon
· White Truffle Butter – Italian white truffles blended with fresh creamy butter
· Crab Fried Rice – jumbo lump crab wok-fried with eggs, bell peppers, carrots and green onions with a hint of soy sauce
· Porcini Mushroom Ravioli – classic Italian ravioli filled with porcini mushrooms and ricotta cheese sautéed in a sage brown butter and topped with crispy mushroom
· Wood-Grilled Broccolini – small florets tossed with garlic herb butter
Four new appetizers provide a unique approach to classic favorites:
· NY Strip Tataki – perfectly seared USDA Choice NY Strip, Thai peppers and a mustard soy sauce
· Twisted Edamame Hummus – edamame replaces traditional garbanzo beans, topped with a roasted tomato relish and crunchy pepitas served with flatbread chips
· Bang Bang Shrimp® Flatbread – crispy shrimp, mozzarella cheese, cilantro and a creamy, spicy sauce
· Cold Snap Ceviche – chilled bay scallops, shrimp, fresh fish, avocado, cucumber, jalapeno, citrus, cilantro served in a glass made entirely of ice and warm tortilla chips on the side
Dessert: Flatbread such as S’mores with creamy chocolate, toasted marshmallow and graham cracker crumbs.
Drinks: The Fresh Pineapple Martini is made with Malibu Rum, St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, fresh pineapple and homemade vanilla bean simple syrup (amazing). The refreshing Cold Snap Cucumber Cosmo is made with Reyka vodka, Solerno Blood Orange liqueur and fresh English cucumbers served on the rocks in a glass made entirely of ice.
Overall, the new menu is recommended. Bonefish Grill has locations all over the country, see where the nearest BFG is to you, click locations. Review 3.5 out of 5
For more food reviews click on #Foodies. Cheers and Salute!