Some people put more time and effort into picking out a pair of shoes than they do a spouse or a doctor, seriously? Okay, maybe not so much a spouse, unless you're planning on being a mail order bride. However, more often than not, women don't do too much research on plastic surgeons and generally will base their choice off of pics on the doctor's website or their Aunt Addy's second cousin's half sister's mother inlaw's daughter. Yikes!
Planning and research is imperative when choosing a plastic surgeon and not trying to get a "deal"... remember, you get what you pay for!
Some of you who follow my articles on a regular basis may remember my interview with Dr. Shelby Brantley located in Flowood a few years back. If you missed it, you can read it here. Not only was he charming and handsome, he was extremely experienced and qualified in his field and has written several papers on his expertise.
In and around the Jackson area, I myself have heard many good things about Dr. Brantley. In my own personal experience, I would not go to any other doctor. I've recently relocated to Florida and actually make the 10 hour drive a few times a year to indulge in a bit of Dysport (another brand of what many know of Botox). I have tried a few other doctors for Dysport including one that was rated number one in Jacksonville, Fl with poor results.
If you, or a friend/family member are thinking about dermafillers, Botox/Dysport or breast augmentation, Dr. Brantley is Jackson Beauty Examiner's top doc pick! Dr. Shelby Brantley has a beautiful office located in Flowood's Plastic and Hand Surgery Associates along with a friendly staff. His nurses are excellent and I always look forward to visiting with them on my trips back to Mississippi!
Dr. Brantley's background:
Education and Training
- Undergraduate, B.S. — University of Mississippi
- Medical School, M.D. — University of Mississippi School of Medicine
- General Surgery Internship and Residency — University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship — University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga
Certifications and Professional Affiliations
- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Lipoplasty Society of North America
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
To read more about Dr. Shelby Brantley and his outstanding achievements click here.
To make an appointment:
The Face and Body Center
2550 Flowood Drive, Ste. 200
Flowood, MS 39232
Phone: 601-939-9999 or 866-939-4999
Now, if I could only figure out a way to have Dr. Brantley available here in Florida 24 hours a day..... but some how I think his lovely wife and children would miss him!
Until next time, stay beautiful Jackson!