Can people with special needs and disabilities play a positive and productive part in the manufacture of this product? The answer is absolutely, without question. Use your own due diligence when deciding on what to support and take your own responsibility for your purchases.
The goal is to produce water under an indigenous label in a glass bottle with a beautiful display. While trying to make a sound social difference and continue to create jobs for those that need them the most. Here is the plan they set out as told by Gary Terry:
Firstly we had to start with a product that had a broad market, and for this we chose bottled water. Not just any bottled water but Jarreau Pure Indigenous Water in a glass bottle.
1. It being indigenous isn’t a play on words as water is the very foundation of our culture. We have the technology and formulas that actually produce water as it was naturally produced by Mother Nature back in the day before the industrial revolution and pollution etc.
2. It’s in glass and we all understand the benefits of glass as opposed to leaching plastic.
3. Its health benefits, even if it’s simply as hydration, that’s a good thing.
4. Its ability to be manufactured locally because of our new local manufacturing model will be explained in detail later.
5. Its sustainable employment platform which caters to our indigenous, young, long term unemployed, single parents, people with disabilities (over 55s, pensioners and seniors via our mentor employment program).
6. People before profit. As it is under the CiC, profits are absorbed by job creation.
7. Multipliers. As it is such a unique product select small retailers will have an edge on their larger monopoly/duopoly competitors.
8. Being an indigenous corporation puts us in the arena with both state and federal procurement mandates. This would be on a 10 year contract, as a number. This was put in play by Penny Wong and Mark Arbib.
9. Decentralized social manufacturing model.
You can find much more details on the project here http://www.pozible.com/project/35166