When people think of making pulled pork, whether it be in the oven or a slow cooker, they often think of pork loin drenched in bottled barbeque sauce. This is a less than appealing recipe for many of us. But through research and recipe testing I have found the quintessential slow cooker pulled pork recipe that is sure to keep large crowds coming back for more. It is simple, inexpensive, and down right delicious! The recipe comes from Worldsbestrecipes4utoday.blogspot.com
The recipe is as follows:
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 pound pork loin
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Scattered the sliced onion at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Lay the washed pork loin on top of the onions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour evenly overtop of the pork loin.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Shred meat using two forks and pulling against the grain.
- Serve on sandwich buns.
This recipe is out of this world! The pork simple falls apart after the eight hours of cooking and is perfectly moist. This recipe has no dryness to it at all and is not overly saturated either. The sauce does not over power the flavor of the pork, everything blends together magnificently providing the perfect pulled pork recipe. Each ingredient adds a pop of flavor that hit your taste buds and keep you wanting more.
Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this recipe at the following locations:
Whole Foods Market
1330 Smith Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
1020 West 41st Street
Baltimore, MD 21211