Every try to listen to your Kindle's mechanical voice reading aloud a book you've already read 3,000 times, but can barely hear it above the sound of you trying to clean up the kitchen, which you haven't cleaned in three weeks? No? Well, that's my life. But hopefully you have a more pleasant reason to be looking at portable speakers.
The Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable Speaker is a sturdy little powerhouse, available on Amazon for about $19. If you're looking for a pocket-sized speaker, there's probably none better for the price.
- Good bass
- Good volume given size, enough to fill a bedroom with sound
- You can charge it while it is in use
- Very good battery life--6 hours
- Rechargeable lithion ion battery
- Slight hissing sound--not noticeable when music is playing
- Controls are hard to press and counter-intuitive (see Helpful Hint, below)
- To turn on, press the strip below the power button and hold it for two seconds or until the blue LED turns on(off)