Well, it's time to call it folks, Comic-Con 2013 has officially sold out!
The complaints (including a few from myself) have already started rolling in on Twitter and Facebook. Many are voicing the same complaints as last year, but a few new ones have popped up as well. Among the new tech issues that I heard about from those on Twitter were:
- Loading errors starting at 9 am that prevented the first in line from making it through.
- Once a re-load was done (due to above error) many found that they had missed the waiting room entirely, and were now getting an overflow message.
- Many who did get in, got stuck on a white (as in blank) page, which never loaded completely
- Those who did make it past the white page found themselves with a number that never refreshed (original promise was that it would refresh every 120 seconds).
- Reports then started coming in of people with higher wait room numbers actually getting passes, while those with lower numbers just sat well...waiting.
At about 10:37 am Comic-Con finally made the following official announcement.
Many fans are now left frustrated, and more than a little angry. Some will be back, probably in May, for the returned badge resale; but many won't.
Oh well, maybe next year Comic-Con will have all the bugs worked out. Wait! That sounds familiar, isn't that what we said last year? :(
Love ya Comic-Con, but seriously this is getting old!