Breaded pork chops are a fabulous stick-to-your-ribs comfort food adored by many and feared by dieters. However, pointlessmeals.BlogSpot.com has come up with an insanely tasty and healthier version of Breaded Texas Pork Chops that are lipsmackingly delicious.
We are all familiar with the Weight Watchers point system. I have discovered many a recipe that utilizes this system to create healthy takes on traditional comfort food. Pointless Meals has done just that with this Breaded Texas Pork Chop recipe.
The recipe is as follows:
- 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of skim milk
- 6 boneless pork chops
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the spices.
- In another bowl, combine the milk with the egg.
- Dip the chops into the egg mixture and then dip them into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer to a baking sheet that is coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for twenty to thirty minutes.
There is no way that your guests will be able to tell that this is a low calorie meal. For those who are counting points, this one is only worth 7 points! The breadcrumbs provide a crispy exterior while the pork chop is perfectly cooked and melt in your mouth tender on the interior. This dish is simple to make, inexpensive, and a true crowd pleaser.
Baltimore City residents can purchase the ingredients for this dish at the following locations:
Whole Foods Market
1330 Smith Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
1020 41st Street
Baltimore, MD 21211