With the advent of contemporary management workplace culture has become an important issue. Conflict and employee disengagement are taking a toll on productivity, quality and profits as management is distracted by issues. To help get managers refocused on core competencies today’s leaders need to fully understand how to develop a healthy workplace culture.
“You First: Inspire Your Team to Grow Up, Get Along, and Get Stuff Done” arrived on the scene in September to help with the important issue of workplace culture. It identifies five problems common in the workplace and how to fix them. You will receive the warning signs to head off problems but if the situation is already toxic do not despair as author Liane Davey offers solutions.
If you are worried you cannot identify which of the five is your specific relax – the way to fix all five is pretty much the same.
Davey’s bottom line is that you can change your team. Whether you are a team leader or team member this change can start with you and then infect the other team members. All you need to do is understand the five responsibilities outlined in the book.
As the publisher says, whether “front line employees, middle managers, executives, or anyone who works regularly in teams, You First will help you figure out how to make your team happier, healthier, and more productive.”
- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (September 23, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118636708
Complimentary resources about cultures
- What makes up the contents one’s character? More than 20 different categories of culture are available at Cultural bridges.
- Marketing mistakes are often humorous. Cultural faux pas is a webpage with a group of marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20
- Completely complimentary (no email or credit card sign-up required) employee training materials offered by Max Impact.
- Increase your cultural awareness with a series of culture quizzes test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Recommended books about workplace cultures
- “True Alignment: Linking Company Culture with Customer Needs for Extraordinary Results”.
- “The Great Workplace: How to Build It, How to Keep It, and Why It Matters”.
- “Change the Culture, Change the Game: The Breakthrough Strategy for Energizing Your Organization and Creating Accountability for Results”.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons ideal for building leadership during staff meetings. Paperback or Kindle e-book.