Most Aveda products are over priced and over rated. One can get the same results with vicks vapor rub, Vaseline, jojoba, almond oil, coconut oil, and essential oils. Yet, troves of people buy this line, I will never understand why. Enough of my opinion about an overpriced line that doesn't really need to exist, here is why Aveda Mascara Plusrose, for lack of a better word, sucks.
1) Takes to long to dry.
2) If you cough, blink, yawn, it will transfer to other parts of your face.
3) On hot days it will fall off your lashes, onto the face, and look awful. Especially if you are going for a clean fresh look.
4) If you teer, it will smear.
5) The texture is goopy, the excess runs and clumps on the rim of the tube excessively.
6) The container and wand so long and thin, it's awkward, there no need for to be this way.
1) If you are going for a 'messy sexy night out' look with heavy eyeshadow on both the upper and lower eye, this mascara is great because it will fall off your lashes to the lower lash line within a few hours. So, is that really a positive thing? I think not.
Conclusion. Aveda Mascara Plusrose is not worth the money.
If you really want that sexy dark nighttime look try Maybelline classic Volume express in the dark blue tube since MaxFactor is discontinued, or one of the MAC mascaras, for more than half the price of Aveda Mascara Plusrose. In fact, if you shop thrifty you can get 3 Maybelline classic Volume express blue tube mascaras for the price of 1 Aveda mascara.
Side note: I'll only endorse MAC for their eye, blush & lip makeup since every single Hollywood dermatologist that I know tells all of their patients to NEVER use MAC foundations, powders or primers because they are incredibly bad for the skin.
I'd also like to point out that Aveda is owned by Estee Lauder, so how "natural" is it really? Have you ever looked at the ingredient list on their makeup products? It's not as "natural" as they market it to be, it's also, often times, lacking proper ingredients to actually make the makeup do what it is supposed to. The only people who like this mascara are the MANY distributors, stores and employes who have to like it, in order to make a profit, and due to the brainwashing campaigning the companies do so that they can sell the overpriced products, it's almost cult like, and those who know nothing about makeup.
To spend $18 on a product that doesn't adhere properly and that you have to throw away for health reasons in 3 months, it better be amazing, this Aveda Mascara is NOT. Do not waste your time or money. As always, if you choose to try it, make sure you can return it.