Smart phones are only as smart as the user. SocialWise Media believes that apps are only as useful as the time they save. Making use of apps to help save time will make your life simpler and more successful. Here are my recommendations on the simplest, most effective apps you can use this year.
Hootsuite: Social Media Management
So many of us have several different social media profiles it can be difficult to keep up with them. HootSuite is a website and online brand management service, which publishes to websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Foursquare.
This app has allows you to manage your facebook, blog, twitter from your phone. Make posts directly to the application from your phone, upload photos etc. ·
A couple cool features:
- Share and store photos and files
- Shorten URLs with Ow.ly
To find out more about this app, visit the Hootsuite website
Mspy: Communications Security
Have you ever sent an email and wished you could unsend it? A slip of the finger could cause serious damage to your career, relationships, and finances. This app has a few life saving features
- GPS Locator
- Call recording
- Email catching
TED: Inspiration on the go
Using the Ted apps, you can view over 1200 inspirational talks on your phone. What is Ted? TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Staying focused and motivated can be a challenge for the most optimistic of us.
- Offline viewing of videos
- Video sharing and bookmarking
Available for iphone and Android. For more info on the TED app, visit their website
This app will finally help you to manage your expenses on the go. Budgeting is a challenge for everyone, from the government to your household. The Mint app allows you to turn your phone into a money coach.
- Track cash spending
- Notification when you go over budget
- Sort spending by category and store
- All financial info is PASSWORD Protected, so it's secure
They have an app for Android and iphone. To download the app, visit the Mint Website
The most useful smart phone app award goes to:
The most useful function of your phone will be as a personal reminder. The calendar function will allow you to finally manage your schedule. Even if you are used to a paper calendar, the electronic version will be even more helpful.
- Your phone is usually with you, so it is far more effective than a paper version, which can be left behind. Using the calendar on your phone means your schedule is always with you.
- Many smartphones allow you to schedule appointments by voice or text, which makes it easier to enter meeting info accurately.
- Reminders/recurring appointments are easily entered into the calendar then duplicated, so you don't have to write and re-write for appointments that occur on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
For more info on Social Media, Marketing, and more, check out the SocialWise Media Group Blog