Here at Lifestyle Examiner we had never used any floor cleaning products other than vacuums and steam cleaning machines. A mop has never been to our liking because it felt like slopping dirty water around; and the removal always involved some type of squeezing mechanism or lugging a bucket—not for us. That’s why when the Swiffer folks offered to send us their Swiffer® WetJet® we said, “Send it along!
Of course we vacuumed first using the powerful Samsung canister (see After the Guests Leave, Cleanup Part 1)
Will it seem odd to say, “Floor cleaning was fun?”
Our assessment of the sweeper assembly: easy
Some of the features we like are:
- The handle is lightweight and easy to hold
- The no-leak, self-sealing bottle fits in neatly and cleanly
- Pad attachment is a no-brainer (based on a Velcro-type strip)
- And the squirting mechanism sprays the floor ahead of the mop with a squeak and a spritz
- There is a scrub strip on the front of the device that’s okay, gives a little extra oomph to a bad spot
(It does require 4 AA batteries, alas.)
But overall the experience was easy, smells great and makes short work of a thankless yet important job. And instead of washing mop heads, you just dispose in the trash.
We know previously we’d heard some commentary about the solution being dangerous to pets. But why would you have your pets follow in a wet path? The product dries fast so just keep doggy (or whatever) contained for the actual task.
All-in-all the Swiffer® WetJet® will save time and clean well for a small effort, something we like a lot. Available at grocery and discount stores everywhere. Retails for: $21.99