Prepositions are essential forms of the English language. As such, when writers and speakers use English to describe golfers, golf courses, golf instruction, golf events and golf equipment, they use prepositions. You can have fun with Chicago golf and prepositions.
- To take a firm stance upon Edgebrook Golf Course’s, fifth hole fairway, he replaced the worn, plastic spikes in his golf shoes.
- While playing the 14th hole at George Dunne National Golf Course, they saw a lightning bolt, so they immediately ran for cover under a large tree.
- By skipping the 16th and 17th holes at Indian Boundary Golf Course, the foursome were able to finish their rounds by 8 p.m.
- In the summer, Sydney R. Marovitz Golf Course is a busy place.
- Her golf ball flew onto the putting green at Marquette Park Golf Course’s, ninth hole, but it rolled into tall grass.
To play these golf courses, Chicagoans and visitors will need to wait until spring begins since only George Dunne National Golf Course and Indian Boundary Golf Course are currently open. By that time, which is March 20 in 2013, snow may or may not be on the ground. If you play golf at that time, you are likely to encounter many Canada geese.