During the cooler fall months in Eugene, Oregon, or where ever you live, start planning your winter activities so you will be ready for the fun. Gather with the family and brainstorm everyone's ultimate winter activity. Let everyone choose as many as they would like that benefit the health and wellness of everyone.
Start off with warm-up exercises now for those more rigorous winter activities that will bond the family. There will be less health and wellness problems with some pre-planning soon.
1. Consider short walks with increments on a regular basis for smart health recreation planning.
2. Bring layers of clothing since the temperatures of the autumn months vary considerably.
3. At the times when outside activities are curtailed plan making some fruit leather or drying fruit for the trips ahead in the winter months.
4. Think about collages, scrapbooks and Christmas gifts of memories of the outings on inclement weather days.
5. Plan singing songs, reciting favorite poetry and telling stories during rest times between mild to medium rigorous activity times.
6. Talk about safety winter plans during meal and snack times. Frequent discussions now will make these second nature to everyone once the healthy winter activities begin.