On March 22, 2014, Examiner.com experienced the fourth annual Southern Fried Burlesque Fest. On Saturday night the fest held its Southern Fried Burlesque Pageant at the Wyndham Atlanta Galleria in Atlanta, Ga.
There were 14 categories and seven winners, as some of the winners won in more than one category. In addition to the Queen's title there were two runners up.
Pageant's Four Categories
- Group Act
- Variety Act
The festival's goal is to not only showcase the amazing talents the Southeast has to offer, but to also show the Southeast the amazing talents the rest of the world has to offer as well.
2014 Pageant Winners
- Miss Congeniality - Sugar Hills
- Most Classic - Taloolah Love
- Audience Choice - Salome Cabaret
- Most Innovative - Mason Doodle
- Best Costume - Taloolah Love
- Most Humorous - Mason Doodle
- Best Group Act - Salome Cabaret
- Best Variety Act - Mason Doodle
- King - Paco Fish
- Queen 2nd Runner Up - Tifa Tittlywinks
- Queen 1st Runner Up - Taloolah Love
- Queen - Jeez Loueez
Included in the photo list of winners is one of the judges, Burlesque's Living Legend Penny Starr, Sr.
Learn more about the festival at Southern Fried Burlesque Pageant.
Photography: Jennifer Woodward